What transpired in London, then, was not overly surprising. Nor were the exhaustingly predictable and risible public reactions that followed. The inane Twitter hashtags, the imbecilic heart-shaped hand gestures, the facile slogans, the insipid props (flowers, candles, and teddybears)... If that does not petrify the dime-a-dozen Johhny B. Jihadis lurking and scheming all over Britain and the West, or alternatively convince them of the error of their ways, then surely nothing will. The crowd of saps in London's main square was conspicuously devoid of more than a handful of Moslems, in extremely stark contrast to the tens of thousands of them who come out every few weeks to rage about something or other in "Palestine." Indeed, more Moslems turn out to flag-burning events than were present at the laughable wake in Trafalgar Square.
Also inevitable were the vacuous protestations about how London had survived the Nazi onslaught so these ragtag terrorists did not have a chance. The folktales of London's stoic endurance of the Blitz bombings are unfailingly trotted out every time some misfortune befalls London, be it a terrorist outrage such as this or when a bunch of avaricious subway or railroad workers decide to hold millions of passengers for ransom in order to bilk out a few extra thousand pounds on top of their already ludicrously inflated salaries. A high-profile British newscaster went on a defiant rant on the theme, highlighting London's defeat of the German airforce. What neither he nor anyone else regurgitating this jaded trope mentioned were a few facts that should be pertinent when attempting to draw analogies. For one thing, Britain did not defeat the Nazis by holding fatuous candle-lit vigils; rather, it sent manpower and firepower the Nazis' way. Britain also identified the Nazis as the enemy rather than as some indeterminate aberration that had no connection to anything else happening in the world at the time. Winston Churchill made no assertions that the Luftwaffe was "not really German" or that it was no better or worse than any other old airforce. Nor did Britain allow millions of Germans to roam around the country freely--despite serous double-digit percentage of them having unambiguous Nazi sympathies*--and besmirch those who objected as "racists." Londoners did not elect a Nazi mayor who proceeded to lecture them how being bombed to kingdom come by his fellow travelers was normal: "part and parcel" of living there. Analogies are very useful, both scholastically and rhetorically, but they need to be accurate. The London of the early 1940s bears little resemblance by any criterion to the London of 2017.
Meanwhile, the explanation for Adrian-cum-Khalid's terrorist atrocity? Yep, you guessed it: "racism." The lunacy marches on.
* For those tempted to reel off the usual canards about Islam being a religion of peace and "the overwhelming majority of Moslems are tolerant," etc., a few home truths would not go amiss. Firstly this,
Secondly: More granular statistics are just as unequivocal and even more damning. This site lists a comprehensive overview of the research done into the Moslems' views and attitudes, but some of the highlights include:
- 25% British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified.
- 35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified.
- 25% of young Muslims in Britain (and 20% overall) sympathize with those who fight for ISIS.
- 66% of Muslims in Britain would not report terror plot to police.
- 48% of British Muslims would not report a person "linked to terror."
- 18% of British Muslims would be proud or indifferent if a family member joined al-Qaeda.
- 1-1/2 Million (30%) British Muslims support the Islamic State.
- 36% of British Muslim students believe anyone who leaves Islam should be killed.
- 78% of British Muslims support punishing the publishers of Muhammad cartoons.
- Hardcore Islamists comprise 9% of Britain's Muslim population, another 29% would "aggressively defend" Islam.
- 11% of British Muslims find violence for religious or political ends acceptable.
- Following the Charlie Hebdo attacks, 27% of British Muslims openly support violence against cartoonists.
- 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK; 23% support the introduction of Sharia in the UK "instead of British Law."
- 28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state.
- 68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam.
- 21% of British Muslims decline to condemn stoning adulterers (5% openly support them).
- 1 in 3 Muslims in the UK strongly agree that a wife should be forced to obey her husband's bidding.
- 10% British Muslims support killing a family member over "dishonor."
- 20% young British Muslims agree that "honor" violence is acceptable.
- Only 34% of British Muslims believe the Holocaust ever happened.
- 51% of British Muslims believe a woman cannot marry a non-Muslim; Only 51% believe a Muslim woman may marry without a guardian's consent.
- Up to 52% of British Muslims believe a Muslim man is entitled to up to four wives.
- 61% of British Muslims want homosexuality punished.
- 62% of British Muslims do not believe in the protection of free speech.
- 58% of British Muslims believe insulting Islam should result in criminal prosecution.
- 11% of British Muslims find violence for political ends acceptable.
- 18% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should remain legal.
The figures are as bad or even worse in other parts of the West, not to mention the rest of the world. Surely these data are strongly indicative that "Houston, we have a problem." One wonders in bewilderment what purpose it serves to studiously ignore these figures and/or denounce those who publicize them while persistently promoting diametrically opposite claims. Yes, if 30% of British Moslems support the Islamic State, it (probably) means up to 70% of them do not. Is that cause for jubilation though? Firstly, a million and a half British Moslems think there is nothing wrong with walking up to a stranger kneeling on the floor, grabbing a fistful of their hair, and slowly slicing off their head with a kitchen knife. Let that sink in. Secondly, it is worth recalling that only up to 18% of the Germans were members of the National-Socialist (Nazi) Party, and very, very few of those 18% were actually pulling triggers on machine guns or levers in concentration camps. What difference did the 82%+ non-Nazi Germans make and was their culpability for the Nazi atrocities any less? The answers are surely in the negative. Yet, the threat of Moslem terrorism, arguably more potent and much more long-lasting than that of Nazism, is approached with almost no strategy or resolution of the mindset.
Indeed, the British interior ministry announced early February that it would be essaying to "address the threats of 'far-right and extreme right-wing narratives.'" Yes. Really. Though tempting to view such pronouncements as hailing from a parallel universe, they conform perfectly to the prognostications many, including the present author, made a while back, scilicet, that repeated terrorist atrocities perpetrated by Moslems will be countered by increased prosecution against general, abstruse "extremism." "Extremism," like "hate speech," is an amorphous, subjective notion and by its very nature eludes objective definition. As such, it is simply begging for misuse and abuse by those in power. As is already happening, "Islamophobia" (defined as anything ranging from throwing some bacon rashers at a mosque to publishing data such as those above) incurs as astringent legal prosecution and sanction as acts of terror by Moslems. The Canadian parliament just passed a motion condemning, exclusively, criticism of Islam. "Extremism" is beginning to receive similar treatment. The "racism" label has been overused to the point that it has lost much of its potency whereas "hate speech" is not catching on, at least in America where the First Amendment is too inextricably ingrained in the citizens' psyche to be watered down by such an alien concept. Cue "extremism." The only "acceptable"--which is another increasingly normalized purely subjective criterion whereby to judge speech and behavior, including in semi-legal contexts--response to the savagery, destruction, genocides, humiliation, and misery wrought by Moslem terrorists will be otiose public piety and virtue signaling. Such displays must invoke "tolerance," "respect," "coexistence," and all the other vapid, make-feelgood buzzwords so beloved of the peddlers of the politically-correct multiculturalist credo who, invariably, live detached and removed from the areas where that credo has been put into practice in the earnest. In their environs of leafy suburbs and safe-space campus echo-chambers, "racism" and "global warming" are the biggest problems in the world, Moslems are the biggest victims of injustice including "discrimination," "lone-wolf" terrorism is not connected to any ideology--least of all Islam--and is a product of mental disorder, and--for a great many of them--the Islamic State are "really" Israeli secret service agents and 9/11 was an "inside job." As bizarre as such a platform is, it is espoused by all "mainstream" politicians, regardless of their supposed factional stripes. Those who endeavor to follow a different path--such as President Trump, Geert Wilders, Viktor Orban, Marine le Pen--are vilified and demonized, and, if they are fortunate, only their characters are assassinated. The "little folks" are treated the same: Those who dissent from the "acceptable" narrative are banned from the social media, doxed and hounded by assorted professional "activists" and the media, arrested in dawn raids, fired from their jobs, fined, and jailed.
As the crescendo of Moslem terrorism intensifies, so will those tactics by the authorities. Eventually though, as more and more people get groomed (q.v. Rotherham, England) and raped, deliberately run over by a truck or a car, hacked up with an ax or a machete, executed in a restaurant or a theater, gunned down on a train, blown up on a plane, there will come a straw that breaks the camel's back. When it does, all the "narratives" and normative imperatives and laws and treaties and crowds with candles will go out the proverbial window. It is often said that every few generations need to experience a good old-fashioned bloody war in order to appreciate peace. Perhaps this will be the West's next war...
© 2017 Michael L.S.